This is the first dollhouse I have built, after starting with roomboxes. As it is the first one, I didn't originally install any lights to it. There were quite enough things to figure out even without that.
The house arrived flat packed from the UK. You can't get dollhouse kits in this scale in Finland (or at least couldn't at the time when I got this). The first thing was to unpack it and sort the pieces. Then, after carefully figuring out what goes where and in which direction, I assembled the house and gave it the first coat of paint.
Then I spend quite a lot of time finding suitable wallpapers. When the papers were in place, it was time to attach the front. In the third photo, you can see the stairs. The "carpet" is actually very wide ribbon glued into the stairs.
Here is the house with all parts in place. The attic is nice, but means that you need a quite high space for the house to be able to open the roof. The dividing wall in the attic and the hinged trapdoor are my own additions.
Here is the house furnished and peopled with various 3 inch action figures.
Some years later, I decided to install lights to the house. I used the same method as in the Birchfield house. It was a bit tricky to figure out the places for the holes in a finished house, but with careful measuring and marking it was possible. Then it was just a question of removing the plugs from the lights to get the wires through the holes, attaching the lights to the ceiling, re-attaching plugs and plugging them in.