This kitty is called Toffee and she had yellow hair. I started by cutting the hair off.
I painted the entire doll with FolkArt's matte black acrylic paint.
Then I painted the eyes. I had another kitty beside this one as I painted them, so I could check the position and size of the eyes. The white paint was a bit too thick, so the surface was left uneven. However, this is such a small doll that it would have been unrealistic to expect much better result, especially as I don't have that much experience.
After everything was painted, I used sealer on the entire doll. The sealer was supposed to be satin finish, but turned out to be quite glossy. Still, it had to be used, because there was no way to get the paint stick to the vinyl without it.
Here is a closeup of the shoes. I like these better than Toffee's original combination of white straps with pink soles.
I usually use ready-made wigs for dolls, if I cut off their hair, but this time I decided to try something different. I glued yarn to narrow strips of fabric and used that as the hair. At first I thought the piece on the left would be enough, but then I noticed that the part of the head below the ears would be left visible. So, I made the part on the right to fix that problem.
Here is the Kitty with the first part of the hair in place.
And here is the Kitty with the rest of the hair in place. All that was left was to make an outfit for her.
This is another Toffee with complete paint and reroot. Except for rerooting, the process of making this one was the same as for the black kitty.
Finally, here is a look on the head attachment of these dolls. It's not too hard to remove the head, but it's easy to leave marks of that in the neck hole.